Housing: Students

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 3rd April 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Flight Lord Flight Conservative

To ask Her Majesty's Government what are the respective criteria (1) to obtain a licence for a house in multiple occupation, and (2) to join a Government-supported national code for student accommodation.

Photo of Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

To obtain a House in Multiple Occupation ( HMO) licence applicants must meet the statutory requirements under the Part 2 of the Housing Act 2004 and any discretionary requirements set by the relevant local authority.

The codes of practice for student accommodation are run by Universities UK/Guild HE and Accreditation Network UK/Unipol. To join one of these codes applicants must meet the requirements of the particular code which includes audits, inspections and verification processes.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.