Chevening: Grants

Foreign and Commonwealth Office written question – answered on 26th March 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tommy Sheppard Tommy Sheppard Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Cabinet Office), Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland), Shadow SNP Spokesperson (House of Lords)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, whether any grant in aid will be provided to the trustees of Chevening during the 2017 Parliament.

Photo of Alistair Burt Alistair Burt Minister of State (Department for International Development) (Jointly with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office), Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development)

Chevening House is not funded by the Government and is the responsibility of its trustees. The Prime Minister decides who occupies the building. It is currently shared by the Foreign Secretary, the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union and the Secretary of State for International Trade.

No grant in aid is expected to be given during the 2017 Parliament.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.