Boating: Qualifications

Department for Exiting the European Union written question – answered on 2nd March 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tom Brake Tom Brake Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (International Trade), Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Exiting the European Union)

To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union how the Government plans to ensure that UK citizens who are Royal Yachting Association accredited instructors can continue to work on a seasonal basis in EU member states for such purposes after the UK leaves the EU.

Photo of Robin Walker Robin Walker The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union

The Government has been clear that we will seek to agree an implementation period beyond March 2019 of around two years.

During the implementation period people will be able to come to live, study and work in the UK as they do now. This would also be the case for UK nationals travelling or working in the EU during this period, including accredited yachting instructors.

Royal Yachting Association certificates and qualifications apply to people working and sailing on British flagged boats. Royal Yachting Association (RYA) qualifications are not covered by the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications (MRPQ) Directive. Holders of these certificates should check the certification requirements of the local Port State Control Administration prior to entering their jurisdiction.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.