To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if he will set out (a) how many and (b) which hospitals in England have provided extracorporeal membrane oxygenation treatment, in each year since 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what contingency plans are in place if all nationally designated extra corporeal membrane oxygenation beds are in use.
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust;
NHS England also has contracting arrangements with five NHS trusts which have provided paediatric ECMO treatment in England in each year since 2013. These are outlined below:
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust;
- Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust;
- Great Ormond Street Hospital Foundation Trust;
- Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust; and
- Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust.
Data prior to 2013 is not held centrally.
Published standard operating procedure on the NHS England website sets out the actions that NHS England and NHS trusts take to manage surges in demand for ECMO services. This is available via the following link: