Crime Prevention: Yorkshire and the Humber

Home Office written question – answered on 22nd February 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alex Sobel Alex Sobel Labour/Co-operative, Leeds North West

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps her Department is taking to deter people from committing minor offences in Yorkshire and the Humber.

Photo of Nick Hurd Nick Hurd The Minister of State, Home Department

It is important that all crimes including minor crimes are reported to the police so that they can be investigated and, where appropriate, the offenders charged and prosecuted in the courts.

It is for Chief Constables and Police and Crime Commissioners, as operational leaders and elected local representatives, to decide how best to deploy policing resources to prevent, tackle, and respond to crimes being committed.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.