State Retirement Pensions: British Nationals Abroad

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 9th February 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of George Howarth George Howarth Labour, Knowsley

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, pursuant to the Answer of 29 January 2018 to Question 124527, whether people living in the UK who are not of pensionable age who then move to an EU country will have their pension uprated.

Photo of Guy Opperman Guy Opperman The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

A UK national resident in the UK on the specified date who then seeks to move to an EU27 MS after the specified date is in scope of the Withdrawal Agreement for the purpose of state pension uprating if they have been subject to the legislation of an EU27 MS prior to the specified date.

We will want to discuss in future talks state pension uprating for individuals who are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No3 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.