These roles were advertised on the website of the Centre for Public Appointments, and the Cabinet Office received 32 applications. Selection was made on the following advertised criteria:
- Ability to work at a senior level and command the confidence and trust of key stakeholders, including those subject to the Rules.
- Ability to analyse complex information from a range of sources, identify key issues and make objective and balanced decisions on complex issues.
- An understanding of the issues around the perception of outside appointments for former crown servants
- Evidence of effective working as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience of dealing with conflicts of interest.
These appointments were made on merit following fair and open competition, in line with the requirements of the Governance Code for Public Appointments.