Universal Credit: Veterans

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 12th December 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Danielle Rowley Danielle Rowley Labour, Midlothian

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many and what proportion of armed forces veterans medically retired by the Ministry of Defence have to undertake further assessments in order to claim universal credit.

Photo of Damian Hinds Damian Hinds The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

DWP uses Service Medical Board evidence so a severely disabled person does not have to undergo additional examinations for Employment and Support Allowance and Universal Credit purposes.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.