Fishing Catches: British Overseas Territories

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 6th December 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tim Loughton Tim Loughton Conservative, East Worthing and Shoreham

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, further to the Answer of 7 November 2017 to Question 110955, on fishing catches: British Overseas Territories, what fishing tonnage quota is assigned to EU member states other than the UK for each of the Overseas Territories; and what arrangements will be made after the UK leaves the EU.

Photo of George Eustice George Eustice The Minister of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

After we leave the EU, the UK will remain committed to protecting the interests of its Overseas Territories (UKOTs). The two most relevant Regional Fisheries Management Organisations (RFMOs) are the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT) and the Indian Ocean Tuna Commission (IOTC), which cover fisheries in the Atlantic and Indian oceans. The UKOTs have their own seats in these RFMOs. EU vessels do not have access to fish in the Exclusive Economic Zone of any Overseas Territory.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.