Wildlife: Crime

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 6th December 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kerry McCarthy Kerry McCarthy Labour, Bristol East

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if the Government will publish annual reports on recorded wildlife crimes and related court proceedings and penalties.

Photo of Therese Coffey Therese Coffey The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

The Office for National Statistics publishes police-recorded crime statistics, including statistics on wildlife crimes.

The Ministry of Justice publishes annual criminal justice statistics as part of Criminal Justice Statistics Quarterly, which includes information on those proceeded against, found guilty and sentenced for criminal offences in England and Wales. The offence group classifications provides a list of offences separately broken down, which would include some separately identifiable wildlife crime groups.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.