Health Services: Children

Department of Health written question – answered on 5th December 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of David Drew David Drew Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans he has to change the amount of public funding allocated to the non-NHS providers for children's health services; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Philip Dunne Philip Dunne The Minister of State, Department of Health

I refer the hon. Member to the answer I gave on 18 October 2017 to Question 107392.

Clinical commissioning groups have a statutory responsibility to commission services which meet the needs of their local population. Any decision about use of the private sector is for local commissioners. We are clear that patients should be able to access the best possible treatments based on quality of care rather than the type of provider.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.