We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Department of Health: Brexit

Department of Health written question – answered on 1st December 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Heidi Alexander Heidi Alexander Labour, Lewisham East

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, with reference to the National Audit Office Report, Implementing the UK’s exit from the European Union, HC 593, published on 17 November 2017, if he will (a) list the 31 work streams in his Department identified by the National Audit Office in that report, (b) provide summaries of the issues covered and (c) detail the number of Officials of his Department contributing to those work streams.

Photo of Philip Dunne Philip Dunne The Minister of State, Department of Health

As indicated in the National Audit Office report, the Department for Exiting the European Union had identified 313 Exit work streams across Government departments, including 31 from this Department. The development of work streams is part of ongoing cross-Government work to develop and assess potential policy options, and to understand the implications of EU Exit.

The report represents a snapshot of the number and type of work stream at the time of publication. Many of these will vary as time goes by, including the Department ones but these will be kept under regular review by all departments. We will not be listing any detail about the Department’s work streams.

We can confirm that we are equipping ourselves with the right people and the right skills across government to make a success of Brexit. This Department has identified the workforce it requires for operational and policy requirements and constantly reviews its capabilities in order to deliver the Government’s commitment to leave the EU and get the very best deal for the United Kingdom.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.