Merchant Shipping: Qualifications

Department for Transport written question – answered on 13th November 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Karl Turner Karl Turner Shadow Minister (Transport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what recent discussions he has had with the Maritime and Coastguard Agency on the administration of the Certificate of Competency process for seafarers.

Photo of John Hayes John Hayes Minister of State (Department for Transport)

I meet regularly with the Chief Executive and senior staff at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA). The MCA is responsible for the administration of the Certificates of Competency arrangements for seafarers. I understand that the MCA has a service level agreement to issue Certificates of Competence within an agreed timescale.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.