High Rise Flats: Fire Extinguishers

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 7th November 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Marsha de Cordova Marsha de Cordova Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (Disabled People)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what funding he plans to provide to local authorities for the installation of sprinklers in tower blocks.

Photo of Alok Sharma Alok Sharma Minister of State (Communities and Local Government)

The decision on whether to install sprinklers is a decision for each building owner, and they should consider advice from fire safety experts.

Building owners are responsible for funding fire safety measures, but councils should contact us if they have any concerns about funding fire safety works. Government will consider financial flexibilities for local authorities which need to undertake essential fire safety work to make a building safe.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No3 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.