Antisocial Behaviour

Home Office written question – answered on 1st November 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Leo Docherty Leo Docherty Conservative, Aldershot

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps she is taking to support the police in tackling street drinking and anti-social behaviour.

Photo of Nick Hurd Nick Hurd The Minister of State, Home Department

The Home Office contributed to guidance on tackling street drinking that was published by the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners last year. That guidance advocates a multi-agency, multi-component approach to dealing with individuals who often have complex needs.

Through the Local Alcohol Action Areas programme, the Home Office is supporting more than thirty areas across England and Wales to tackle alcohol harms, including those associated with street drinking.

In addition, in appropriate circumstances, the powers provided by the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 can be used to tackle or prevent alcohol-related anti-social behaviour.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.