Vocational Education: Overseas Students

Department for Education written question – answered on 18th September 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness Garden of Frognal Baroness Garden of Frognal Deputy Chairman of Committees

To ask Her Majesty's Government how many (1) EU, and (2) non-EU, overseas students are taking technical, professional and vocational courses in the UK.

Photo of Lord Nash Lord Nash The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

The department does not collect data on the nationality of Further Education students.

Students will be eligible for Education and Skills Funding Agency funding if they are a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and have been resident in the EEA for at least three years prior to the start of learning and are ordinarily resident in England.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.