We’re celebrating National Democracy Week! Find out more

Special Educational Needs: Kent

Department for Education written question – answered on 7th September 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Rosie Duffield Rosie Duffield Labour, Canterbury

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what consultation her Department held with Kent County Council on recent funding decisions for newly-assessed high-needs pupils.

Photo of Robert Goodwill Robert Goodwill Minister of State (Education)

The funding for newly-assessed high needs pupils is decided by each local authority. We do not prescribe in detail how much local authorities should allocate to their schools for their pupils with SEN, or how much schools should spend in making provision for them. Kent County Council responded to our recent consultation on the national funding formula, but this concerned how high needs funding is distributed between local authorities.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No4 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.