Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport written question – answered on 7th September 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jon Trickett Jon Trickett Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office), Shadow Lord President of the Council

To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, what Government assistance is provided to people made financially destitute by gambling addiction.

Photo of Tracey Crouch Tracey Crouch The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport

While addiction is in the main the remit of the Department of Health, I can inform you that the majority of treatment to those experiencing gambling related harm is delivered by GamCare or via the National Problem Gambling Clinic. A range of support is available through these organisations.

A range of services available to problem gamblers can be found on the NHS Choices website, including links to the Money Advice Service at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.