Business: Floods

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 11th September 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Bill Esterson Bill Esterson Shadow Minister (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy), Shadow Minister (International Trade)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what plans he has to replace EU solidarity funds which support businesses affected by flooding.

Photo of Jake Berry Jake Berry The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

The European Union Solidarity Fund retrospectively reimburses Member States affected by major natural disasters for 2.5 per cent to 6 per cent of the costs incurred depending on the scale of the damage. Under EU rules, the fund can only be used to reimburse public sector costs of responding to emergencies and subsequent recovery, so cannot be paid directly to individual households or businesses. Member States can apply to the European Commission for this funding but must meet the conditions placed upon them by the European Commission to receive it.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.