To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many NHS pharmacies have delivered (a) essential and (b) advanced services in each year since 2007-08 in (i) England and (ii) each local authority area; and if he will provide details of the advanced services delivered by community pharmacies.
Essential services are available from all community pharmacies, which provide National Health Service pharmaceutical services in England. Community pharmacies can provide the following advanced services, if they meet the necessary requirements:
- Medicine Use Review from 2005/06;
- Appliance Use Review from 2010/11;
- Stoma Appliance Customisation from 2010/11;
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccination from 2015/16; and
- NHS urgent medicine supply pilot scheme from December 2016.
NHS Digital releases an annual General Pharmaceutical Services publication which provides the data requested. As essential and advanced services are commissioned by the NHS, rather than local authorities, local data is based on primary care trusts until 2012/13 and NHS England Regions from April 2013. The latest data available to 2015/16 can be found at: