Palestinians: Humanitarian Aid

Department for International Development written question – answered on 5th September 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of William Wragg William Wragg Conservative, Hazel Grove

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what steps her Department is taking to provide humanitarian assistance to Palestinians who are being made homeless as a result of property demolition in the West Bank.

Photo of Alistair Burt Alistair Burt Minister of State (Department for International Development) (Jointly with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office), Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development)

The UK Government provides emergency response to communities facing demolition and displacement in Area C and East Jerusalem through our contribution to the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO). The UK Government continues to raise with the Israeli authorities at the highest level our serious concern at the increase in demolitions of Palestinian properties in Area C of the West Bank and in East Jerusalem, most recently on the 4th April 2017.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.