Burma: Internally Displaced People

Department for International Development written question – answered on 12th July 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Valerie Vaz Valerie Vaz Shadow Leader of the House of Commons

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what steps she is taking to address the shortfall in funding for internally displaced people in Shan State and Kachin State in Burma.

Photo of Alistair Burt Alistair Burt Minister of State (Department for International Development) (Jointly with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office), Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development)

DFID has provided £25.8 million in humanitarian and health assistance to internally displaced and conflict-affected people in Kachin and Northern Shan States since 2012. The UK is one of the largest providers of assistance to the crisis in Kachin and northern Shan states. We will continue to respond to humanitarian need and will encourage other donors to play their part.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.