High Rise Flats: Databases

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 11th September 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lucy Powell Lucy Powell Labour/Co-operative, Manchester Central

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, whether his Department has a central database of all residential tower blocks, including information by (a) type of tower block owner, (b) local authority and (c) constituency.

Photo of Alok Sharma Alok Sharma Minister of State (Communities and Local Government)

Holding answer received on 10 July 2017

The Department has compiled information on buildings of interest, including all residential tower blocks over 18 metres owned by local authorities and housing associations. We continue to strengthen this information, working closely with tower block owners. Information on the constituency is recorded where independent Building Research Establishment tests have been failed. Local authorities have been asked to contact relevant constituency MPs.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.