Social Rented Housing: Fire Prevention

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 14th July 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Doughty Stephen Doughty Labour/Co-operative, Cardiff South and Penarth

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, with reference to the Oral Answer of 26 June 2017, Official Report, column 361, when he last met representatives of estate management companies to discuss fire safety and thier obligations to tenants in managed apartment blocks.

Photo of Alok Sharma Alok Sharma Minister of State (Communities and Local Government)

Holding answer received on 04 July 2017

My officials meet regularly with key representatives from local authorities, housing associations as well as other arms length organisations (such as tenant management organisations) with responsibilities for carrying housing management functions as part of the Department’s routine work. Building owners, landlords both in the private and social rented sectors, freeholders and/or managing agents are responsible for ensuring the safety of residents. This is covered by the Housing Act 2004 and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.