Social Rented Housing: Insulation

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 14th July 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Liz Saville-Roberts Liz Saville-Roberts Shadow PC Spokesperson (Home Affairs), Shadow PC Spokesperson (Women and Equalities) , Plaid Cymru Westminster Leader, Shadow PC Spokesperson (Justice), Shadow PC Spokesperson (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, whether the Government is taking steps to proceed with renovating all social housing properties that have been fitted with flammable cladding.

Photo of Alok Sharma Alok Sharma Minister of State (Communities and Local Government)

Where Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding is present on social housing over 18 metres in height, the Government is providing testing for local authorities and housing associations free of charge. If the screening tests indicate that such cladding would not meet the limited combustibility requirements of the current Building Regulations guidance, local authorities housing associations and the fire and rescue service will determine the best course of action, communicating closely with residents. Where works are necessary to ensure the fire safety of social housing, we will ensure that lack of financial resources will not prevent them going ahead.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.