High Rise Flats: Fire Prevention

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 30th June 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Theresa Villiers Theresa Villiers Conservative, Chipping Barnet

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what steps he is taking to ensure that privately-owned tall buildings used for residential purposes are checked for fire safety.

Photo of Marcus Jones Marcus Jones Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Local Government)

It is for private sector landlords, who are responsible for the safety of their buildings, to take action to assure tenants of the safety of the building. The testing process which is being undertaken for local authorities and housing associations is open to any other residential landlords free of charge. Local authorities will ensure that landlords are aware of this offer and the Government has also alerted owners, landlords and managers of private sector residential blocks in England through their representative bodies.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.