EU Nationals: Health Insurance

Home Office written question – answered on 25th April 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Heidi Allen Heidi Allen Conservative, South Cambridgeshire

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many citizens from other EU countries with the right to reside in the UK before 29 March 2017 do not have private medical insurance.

Photo of Robert Goodwill Robert Goodwill The Minister for Immigration

EU nationals have a right to reside in the UK for more than three months if they are workers, self-employed, jobseekers, self-sufficient persons or students, are a family member of an EU national or have acquired a right of permanent residence in EU law. Under EU law, self-sufficient persons and students are required to hold comprehensive sickness insurance. The Home Office does not hold any information on the number of citizens from other EU Member states who do not have comprehensive sickness insurance.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No3 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.