Short Money

Leader of the House written question – answered on 3rd April 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Spellar John Spellar Labour, Warley

To ask the Leader of the House, pursuant to the Answer of 17 March 2017 to Question 67233, on Short money, when he plans to publish the breakdown of staff salaries paid for from that Short money funding allocation.

Photo of David Lidington David Lidington Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House of Commons

Parties in receipt of Short Money are required to provide the Accounting Officer of the House of Commons with a certificate of an independent auditor to confirm that all expenses in respect of which the party received financial assistance were incurred exclusively in relation to the party’s parliamentary business. In addition, parties must now provide information relating to staffing and other costs as set out in resolutions dated 23 March 2016 and 7 July 2016.

The deadline for providing this information for the 2016/17 financial year is 31 May 2017 and details will be added to Parliament’s website as soon as is practically possible after this date.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.