Adult Education

Department for Education written question – answered on 2nd March 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gordon Marsden Gordon Marsden Shadow Minister (Education)

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what additional funding she plans to make available for travel to those adult learners who have to move to another provider as a result of the failure of the existing provider to deliver their courses.

Photo of Robert Halfon Robert Halfon Minister of State (Department of Education) (Apprenticeships and Skills)

Providers in the Advanced Learner Loans programme are allocated Bursary Funds by the Skills Funding Agency. This funding is to assist those in financial need to meet costs associated with their learning, including travel costs.

Providers may request an increase to their bursary allocation if they require additional funding to support loans-funded learners with a range of circumstances.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.