Government Chief Scientific Adviser

Department for Exiting the European Union written question – answered on 2nd March 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Dan Jarvis Dan Jarvis Labour, Barnsley Central

To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, if he plans to appoint a Chief Science Adviser prior to the opening of the negotiations on the UK leaving the EU.

Photo of Robin Walker Robin Walker The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union

The department continues to discuss with Sir Mark Walport, the Government's Chief Scientific Adviser, what more we should do to ensure that DExEU is accessing the very best scientific expertise.

There are several models for achieving this, and it is important for us to take into account DExEU’s role as a co-ordinating department when considering what provisions to put in place.

The department is currently exploring these options, including considering the appointment of a Chief Scientific Adviser.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.