Mental Health Services: Older People

Department of Health written question – answered on 1st March 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Shannon Jim Shannon Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Health), Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Transport), Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Equality)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what mental health support in provided to elderly people who are victims of sexual attacks.

Photo of Nicola Blackwood Nicola Blackwood The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health

A general practitioner will provide treatment or support, and can refer patients to services if more specialist help is required. Sexual Assault Referral Centres in particular offer medical, practical and emotional support to victims of sexual assault, and may offer special support for older people.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.