Children: Maintenance

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 1st March 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Caroline Lucas Caroline Lucas Co-Leader of the Green Party

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will (a) publish or (b) place in the Library a copy of the memorandum of understanding between his Department and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) on requests by the Child Maintenance Service to HMRC for income information from paying parents' self-assessment tax returns.

Photo of Caroline Nokes Caroline Nokes The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

Our memorandum of understanding with HMRC regarding use of information for the Child Maintenance Service does not contain specific detail regarding information from self-assessment tax returns, as the relevant information for the child maintenance calculation is the total gross taxable income figure, which may or may not contain information from self-assessment tax returns.

We do not plan to publish this MOU or place a copy in the Library.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No3 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.