We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Refugees: Children

Home Office written question – answered on 27th February 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of The Bishop of Durham The Bishop of Durham Bishop

To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will accept unaccompanied child refugees under section 67 of the Immigration Act 2016 in the financial year 2017–18.

Photo of Baroness Williams of Trafford Baroness Williams of Trafford The Minister of State, Home Department

Under the Immigration Act we made a commitment to transfer a specified number of unaccompanied refugee children to the UK. On 8 February the Government announced that we will transfer the specified number of 350 children to the UK under section 67 of the Immigration Act. This includes the more than 200 children already transferred under section 67 from France as part of the UK’s support for the Calais camp clearance. This number has been agreed following consultation with local authorities on their capacity to accommodate and care for unaccompanied children. We will announce in due course the basis on which further children will be transferred from Europe to the UK under section 67 of the Immigration Act to the specified number.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.