Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Higher Education: Standards

Home Office written question – answered on 27th February 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Christina Rees Christina Rees Shadow Secretary of State for Wales

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, pursuant to the Answer of 7 February 2017 to Question 62976, on higher education standards, (a) how the current immigration rules for study migration differentiate by institution and (b) what criteria are used to define top universities.

Photo of Robert Goodwill Robert Goodwill The Minister for Immigration

The immigration rules for study migration currently differentiate between further education and higher education institutions in respect of the maximum permissible periods of study, whether students are permitted to work and, if so, for how many hours per week during term time and how institutions are allowed to assess the student’s competency in English.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.