Visual Impairment

Department of Health written question – answered at on 19 January 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Karen Lumley Karen Lumley Conservative, Redditch

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment his Department has made of potential changes in the level of support for families where children or young people suffer from vision impairment or sight loss so that they can receive habilitation services.

Photo of David Mowat David Mowat The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health

The Children and Families Act 2014 requires local authorities to work with children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND), including those with visual impairment, and their parents to develop a Local Offer of the services they have or expect to be available. It is for local authorities, in consultation with children and young people with SEND and their families, to decide which services they offer in their area, which can include habilitation training.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.