Cerebral Palsy

Department of Health written question – answered on 12th January 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Julie Cooper Julie Cooper Shadow Minister (Health) (Community Health)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what training healthcare workers receive to increase awareness of signs of cerebral palsy in babies and children.

Photo of David Mowat David Mowat The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health

Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) are responsible for ensuring the programmes they provide allow healthcare students to meet the outcomes set out by the regulators upon graduation. For example the Nursing and Midwifery Council sets the standard for nursing which the HEIs must meet when developing curricula and training programmes.

The medical Royal Colleges, for example the Royal College of General Practitioners, have responsibility for developing postgraduate training curricula for doctor for approval by the General Medical Council (GMC).

Health Education England works with regulatory bodies such as the GMC, and the organisations that design curricula such as the medical Royal Colleges, to seek to ensure training meets the needs of patients.

Continuing Professional Development is the responsibility of individual practitioners and their employers.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.