Floods: Property Development

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 12th January 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Nigel Evans Nigel Evans Conservative, Ribble Valley

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what powers local authorities have to enforce flood planning conditions on new houses being built.

Photo of Gavin Barwell Gavin Barwell Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Housing, Planning and London)

Local planning authorities have a wide range of powers to tackle breaches of planning control. Failure to comply with a planning condition would normally be dealt with by serving a breach of condition notice or an enforcement notice requiring the recipient to remedy the breach. Full details of their powers can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ensuring-effective-enforcement.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.