Land: Contamination

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 12th January 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of David Crausby David Crausby Labour, Bolton North East

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what funding streams are available to communities that require remediation of contaminated land.

Photo of Marcus Jones Marcus Jones Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Local Government)

Holding answer received on 11 January 2017

Funding for local authorities to fulfil their duties to identify and remediate contaminated land is provided through the local government finance settlement. The provisional settlement was announced on 15 December; this is the second year of a four year settlement where local authority core spending power is set to increase from £44.5 billion in 2015-16 to £44.7 billion in 2019-20.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.