Out of Area Treatment: Wales

Department of Health written question – answered on 11th January 2017.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Angela Eagle Angela Eagle Labour, Wallasey

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what arrangements his Department has put in place for NHS provision in England for patients residing in Wales.

Photo of David Mowat David Mowat The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health

The National Health Service in Wales is responsible for arranging health care for people resident in Wales, and is accountable, through Welsh Ministers, to the National Assembly for Wales. Welsh NHS bodies are able to commission English providers to provide services for people resident in Wales. Any such arrangements are agreed between the bodies concerned, rather than put in place by the Secretary of State.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.