We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust

Department of Health written question – answered on 15th December 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jeff Smith Jeff Smith Opposition Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will take steps to ensure that a care advisor is provided to support adults in the neuromuscular service at Salford Royal NHS Trust.

Photo of David Mowat David Mowat The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health

National Health Service providers may employ neuromuscular care advisers where it benefits patients, such decisions are a local matter.

NHS England is responsible for commissioning specialised neurological services, including services for patients with neuromuscular disorders. NHS England has published a service specification for neurological care that sets out what providers must have in place to offer evidence-based, safe and effective services.

The specification can be found at:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.