Social Services: Finance

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 12th December 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness McDonagh Baroness McDonagh Labour

To ask Her Majesty’s Government what criteria they are using to determine how funds for social care to which local authorities have access will be allocated over the remainder of this Parliament.

Photo of Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales

Local authorities receive general unringfenced revenue funding to support service delivery, including adult social care, through the local government finance settlement. The government has made a four year funding settlement offer for this Parliament that has been accepted by 97 per cent of councils.

We are also providing up to £3.5 billion additional funding for social care by 2019-20 through a new 2 per cent social care precept and the Improved Better Care Fund. The government consulted on the distribution of the improved Better Care Fund as a part of the local government finance settlement 2017 - 2018 technical consultation. The consultation closed on 28 October and we are currently analysing the responses.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.