Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Social Services: Minimum Wage

HM Treasury written question – answered on 30th November 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Blomfield Paul Blomfield Shadow Minister (Exiting the European Union)

To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, with reference to the Answer of 1 March 2016 to Question 25631, and pursuant to the Answer of 1 July 2016 to Question 40988, whether HM Revenue and Customs has completed its investigations into the six social care companies; and what recent assessment he has made of the extent of national minimum wage compliance in the social care sector.

Photo of Jane Ellison Jane Ellison The Financial Secretary to the Treasury

The Government is determined that everyone who is entitled to the National Minimum Wage (NMW) and National Living Wage (NLW) receives it. Anyone who feels they have been underpaid NMW or NLW should contact the Acas helpline on 0300 123 1100. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) reviews all complaints that are referred to them.

HMRC has completed all the investigations into the six social care companies. HMRC continues to be aware of the risks of underpayment of NMW and NLW in the social care sector and is prioritising complaints from workers; working with other agencies and departments to raise awareness of the rules; and undertaking targeted enforcement to ensure that workers are paid what they are legally owed.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.