Home Office written question – answered on 13th September 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alison McGovern Alison McGovern Labour, Wirral South

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what plans her Department has to support local authorities in integrating refugees into British society.

Photo of Robert Goodwill Robert Goodwill The Minister for Immigration

Holding answer received on 12 September 2016

The Home Office funds strategic migration partnerships which are local authority-led partnerships designed to provide structures and support services for those organisations working with migrants and refugees in local communities.

The Home Office also provides a dedicated integration loan directly to recognised refugees. The loan is designed to help refugees integrate into UK society by offering financial support towards housing costs, employment and training.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.