Health Services

Department of Health written question – answered on 12 September 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stuart Andrew Stuart Andrew Conservative, Pudsey

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will provide seed funding to voluntary sector organisations to provide services to improve the transition between child and adult health services.

Photo of David Mowat David Mowat The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health

This Department with NHS England, Public Health England and representatives from the voluntary sector has been conducting the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Investment Review, looking at investments in and partnerships with the voluntary sector at both a local and national level. As part of this, we considered the Voluntary Sector Investment Programme, consisting of the Innovation, Excellence and Strategic Development and Health and Social Care Volunteering Fund grant schemes and the Strategic Partner Programme. On 19 May the Department published Joint review of partnerships and investment in voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations in the health and care sector: Final report produced in partnership by representatives of the VCSE sector and the Department of Health, NHS England, and Public Health England.

We are reshaping the programme to reflect the recommendations in the report and will announce our plans in due course.

The Department has provided over £420,000 in grant funding, covering three years from 2013-14, to Together for Short Lives, the national organisation that represents children’s hospices. The grant supports the Transition Taskforce’s provision of guidance and training to enable good transitions locally between children’s and adult services for those with life-limiting conditions.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.