Rented Housing

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 26th July 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Julian Knight Julian Knight Conservative, Solihull

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what further steps he plans to take to ensure that people who require longer tenancies can get them.

Photo of Gavin Barwell Gavin Barwell Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Housing, Planning and London)

My Department has developed a Model Tenancy Agreement for use by landlords and tenants in the private rented sector, which encourages longer term tenancies for those who want them. We are working with the sector to actively promote the use of this and to identify any barriers. We have also established a working group focussed on affordability and security in the private rented sector which will look at what more we can do to help people who require longer tenancies to get them.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.