Department for Education written question – answered on 20 July 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Timms Stephen Timms Labour, East Ham

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, under what circumstances a formal notice can be issued to a multi-academy trust, rather than to an individual Academy.

Photo of Edward Timpson Edward Timpson Minister of State (Education)

Where there is a concern about an academy that is part of a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT), any formal notice will be sent to the MAT as the accountable body.

This information is publicly available and can be found in the Schools Causing Concern guidance available on GOV.UK at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.