Sexual Dysfunction

Department of Health written question – answered on 25th April 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Black of Brentwood Lord Black of Brentwood Conservative

To ask Her Majesty’s Government who is responsible for developing and updating clinical guidance on the treatment of men with erectile dysfunction in England.

Photo of Lord Prior of Brampton Lord Prior of Brampton The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department of Health

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has included guidance on erectile dysfunction in the following guidelines:

- Chronic heart failure in adults: management (CG108) published in August 2010;

- Type 1 diabetes in adults: diagnosis and management (NG17) published in August 2015; and

- Type 2 diabetes in adults: management (NG28) published in December 2015.

Copies of these documents are attached.

It is for NHS England to commission NICE to develop a specific clinical guideline on the management and treatment of erectile dysfunction.

NG28 Guideline (PDF Document, 853.37 KB)
NG17 Guideline (PDF Document, 274.46 KB)
CG108 Guidance (PDF Document, 171.16 KB)

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.