Overseas Aid

Department for International Development written question – answered on 26th February 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Doughty Stephen Doughty Labour/Co-operative, Cardiff South and Penarth

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, which Departments other than her Department, the Ministry of Defence, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Department for Energy and Climate Change have responsibility for Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) spending under the terms of the International Development Act 2002; and what proportion of those Departments' ODA spending was subject to the Act in each of the last three years.

Photo of Nick Hurd Nick Hurd The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development

It is for individual government departments to determine the legal basis of their ODA spend.

DFID does not monitor what proportion of other government departments’ Official Development Assistance spending was subject to IDA 2002.

Details of departmental spend on Official Development Assistance (ODA) can be found in the National Statistics publication Statistics on International Development (SID) at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-development/about/statistics, although this does not identify the proportions of spend under IDA 2002.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.