- Impact of conjugate vaccination on population immunity to pneumococcal and meningococcal disease in England: immunosero-epidemiological analysis (£605,843; 2013-15); and
- Improving the diagnosis of meningitis in adults in the United Kingdom (£415,242; 2013-16).
In addition, the NIHR funds research relating to meningitis through:
- the NIHR Clinical Research Network;
- NIHR Biomedical Research Centres;
- NIHR Clinical Research Facilities for Experimental Medicine; and
- Health Protection Research Units.
Since 2011, the Department’s Policy Research Programme has made the following award for research relating to meningitis:
- Characterisation of meningococcal carriage isolates from UK MenCar4 study (£199,990; 2016-17).