Mortgages: Occupied Territories

HM Treasury written question – answered on 12th January 2016.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Hilary Benn Hilary Benn Shadow Foreign Secretary

To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what advice the Financial Conduct Authority provides to UK banks and building societies offering mortgages on properties in the Occupied Palestinian. Territories.

Photo of Harriett Baldwin Harriett Baldwin The Economic Secretary to the Treasury

Under the definition of a regulated mortgage contract in article 61(3)(a) of the Financial Services and Markets Act (Regulated Activities) Order 2001, passed by Parliament, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) does not regulate mortgage activities where the mortgaged property is not in the UK.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.